Monday, October 7, 2013

Page #2

Professor Faulk shot an inquiring look at Kota then back to the scorch mark and his notes covering the classroom’s floor. “Okay, Kota what do you need?” Defeat apparent in his face Professor Faulk kicks at his notes while he walks over to Kota snatching Kota’s journal from his hands. “Well professor I believe I may have came up with a way to see through glamors. If you look at the design on page forty-two, it’s a concept for a pair of goggles with a new filter I’ve concocted. By using a dispel potion bath on a set of opal lenses the refraction rate should be amplified tenfold causing the glamor to be temporarily scrambled.” As Kota speaks Professor Faulk nods his head in agreement and glances through the pages that Kota mentions. “Kota I must admit these designs are rather impressive and the basis of your theory is sound. What do you need from me?” Professor Faulk asks as he shoves the journal back into Kota’s hands. He pauses for a moment to look Kota over looking at the bright green eyed boy who is barely nineteen years old. Kota has round dark circles underneath his eyes stubble on his chin and at six feet tall is eye to eye with the professor. “I need to ask for funds for the opal lenses sir. I know you don’t give charity so whatever I need to do to earn the money please let me do it.” The Professor mulls this over for a moment then says , “Absolutely not, if you need funds take it to the Dean if she believes your project is worthwhile she’ll pay for it I have no spare silver for someone else’s theories.”

 Kota was taken aback then he understood. “You’ve already blown through this semester funds haven’t you?” Kota said this smugly and confidently with a bit sarcasm blending with his voice. The Professor turned and began to walk away trying to hide a smile. “You Bum!” Kota screamed as he ran out the door and towards the dean office.

No comments:

Post a Comment