Monday, October 7, 2013

Page #13

“Wake up you lazy boy you’ll sleep your life away if stay in bed any longer.” Drugen shook his son, Scotty, awake. Scotty burst out of bed half-dressed and dripping with sweat. “Was it another nightmare Scotty?” Drugen asked his son, concern chiseled into the lines of his face. Scotty nodded and then ran off without a word straight into the middle of the village, where the well lies and to his brother Kota. Upon seeing Kota lying by the well Scotty screamed, “Someone help! Fetch my father and the healer!!! Kota wake up…Kota come on Kota wake up, please wake up.” Scotty eyes began to water as he tried shaking Kota awake. Drugen and the rest of the village all rushed to Scotty and Kota’s side. So many people gathered that the village’s healer had to push his way through the crowd. “Make way you buffoons how am I to treat the injured if all of you are in my way? Move!!!” The Healer Quesha was a beautiful woman strong and proud who demand respect. “Scotty hand me the scrap of paper sticking from your brother’s jacket.” After Quesha read the note from Professor Faulk she announced, “Kota has been poisoned by a shapeshifter we don’t have much time I need men to help me gather herbs for his cure. We will have to voyage into Orielas to gather these herbs I need volunteers.” At first no man spoke and the crowd began to thin. “Stop right there are you so heartless as to turn your back on a fellow villager and let him die!” “I said I need volunteers now who will go with me?” Once again the crowd moved away without any man speaking up. “I will go with you.” Scotty spoke. “Father stay here you must comfort Kota if at all possible.” Quesha looked Scotty over for a ten year old he was tall but in the jungle of Orielas he would be little help. “Fine run home, grab your bow and meet me back here in ten minutes. Drugen take your son home and get him in bed. Try not to worry we will rush back as soon as we find the herb.” Scotty helped his father carry Kota home and place him in bed. After that though he picked up his bow and quiver but Drugen stopped him before he left. “Your mother will be back in two days if Kota is not better by tomorrow she will blame herself hurry but keep yourself safe as well. Watch Quesha’s back she risks much by help us.” Drugen hugged his son then sent him on his way. “Pray for Kota father I will return with his medicine swiftly.” Scotty ran off to meet with Quesha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment